Monday, December 1, 2008

Was it worth it?

A recap of Friday, November 28th

1:15am: Wake up. Is it time yet? Nope, go back to sleep.

2:15am: Wake up. Did I miss it? Nope, go back to sleep.

3:00am: Get up. I haven't slept at all anyways.

3:30am: Tell Hubs goodbye. He says, "I can't believe you're actually doing this."

3:50am: Arrive at Younkers. I am not standing in line.

3:55am: Get out of car and stand in line.

4:20am: Stand in line to check out.
4:25-4:40am: Call Ruth about 10 times to compare shopping experiences.
4:45am: Battery dies in phone. Realize I'm going to have to go back home to charge it.

5:05am: Finally check out.

5:15am: Home. Plug phone in. Lay on couch for a 30 minute nap.

6:50am: Wake up. Jump off the couch. Grab phone. Leave.

7:00am: Arrive at mall.

7:30am: Not feeling good. Naseau. Headache. Can barely concentrate on shopping walking.

7:35am: Buy pretzel and coke. That should help.

7:45am: Pretzel and coke didn't help. Sitting on the floor at the mall, on the phone with Dad, wondering if I am going to make it.

8:00am: Decide to try one more store.

8:30am: Head home. Lay in bed.

9:45am: Leave with Hubs for another mall.

1:00pm: Start fading fast. Need food.

1:30pm: Leave the mall. Eat Chinese food for lunch.

2:45pm: Full and ready for a nap. Head to a football party.

7:45pm: Home, at last. Quickly change into comfies and heat up leftovers for supper.

8:30pm: Fast asleep on the couch.

So, are you wondering if it was worth the exhaustion, sickness, grungy feeling, and time? I went through my receipts - here are the totals:

Regular price: $1,154.96
Price paid: $596.01
Minus giftcards: $215.00
Total spent: $381.01

Top savings of the day was a $180.01 savings on 1 item! Besides the one little episode on the mall floor, we really had a lot of fun. The bargains were contagious and we did get most of our Christmas shopping done, plus a little shopping for ourselves using up some leftover giftcards.

5 comments:

Shanle's said...

That's crazy Heather, I don't think I'd have the patience to do it... BUT sounds like you saved a lot of money and for the most part, had fun and made a memory! AWESOME! How was your weekend, besides that? Shoot me an email later... I have the world's worst splitting/tired headache right now... =(

-mrs. shans

Melissa Amateis said...

You are brave! But saving that money was probably worth it. I did all my shopping online on Friday. Amazon.com had some amazing deals.

Anonymous said...

Heather:

I would say it was all well worth it with the savings you had!! : ) Sorry I didn't make it up in time to meet you : (

It was a great day in CB but why oh why that picture! : )

Love- Joan

Lindsay said...

Ohhhhhhhh - I participated in black friday, too....but didn't get up THAT early. Holy cow girl!! No wonder you felt that way....unless of course you're expecting?? :-)

jnet said...

lol! i can't believe richard went with you for part of the time!!!! mike would say you spent $381 - and saved nothing - he always tells me that when i come all excited about what a sale i got.