Monday, December 15, 2008

Brace yourself

Life with braces is quickly coming to an end. A date has been set for the removal and I can't say that I will miss these things. They capture food in very hard places to reach. They change colors depending on what I eat. They poke and rub. And, they give me the appearance of a teenager, instead of a mid-20s adult. The end result, however, should be well worth the past 19 months. I'll be sure to post before and after pictures.

Here are eight things I learned this weekend:

1. Hubs does not eat recipes with any sort of vinaigrette as an ingredient.
2. When making a new recipe for Christmas gifts, bake a trial batch first, to make sure you don't end up with unrecognizable treats. (The second batch turned out beautiful.)
3. Cold wind comes right through our sliding glass door, condenses, and make frost on the INSIDE of our apartment. The result: heater runs nearly non-stop.
4. My allotted Christmas budget is getting slim - and I still have 7 people to buy for.
5. Hubs is sick of studying.
6. I am sick of Hubs studying.
7. I only like changes when I control them.
8. Somewhere along the past week I have lost my Christmas spirit, but hopefully a fun time with friends tonight will bring it back.

3 comments:

Shanle's said...

Oh, don't lose Christmas Spirit! Look on the bright side of things. Braces are coming off soon, Richard is almost done studying for good, God is in control, and the Shanle's are coming home!! =)

-Sarah

Laura said...

I hope you get your Christmas spirit back! :) Turning on a little Avalon Christmas music always does the trick for me, even in July!! Looking forward to seeing you tonight. :)

Melissa Amateis said...

As a former braces-wearer, I can definitely relate to how wonderful it was to finally get the dumb things off!

Hope you get your Christmas spirit back - a little snow would help, I'm sure. :-)