Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Before, The During, The After

I looked in the mirror as everyone stood around, waiting for my response. "What do you think?" someone asked.

"It's so different. They look huge." I turned and saw expectant looks. Everyone was waiting for me to jump up and down in excitement, yet, I didn't know what to think, or say.

By the time I went to bed last night, I had looked at myself in the mirror enough times to say that I really do love my "new smile." It helped that Hubs was thrilled at how they turned out and had me smile every so often so he could look at them more.

I don't have many pictures of me before braces on this computer, and since the morning was not lacking in stress (I woke up at 7:00am. Put my head under the faucet. Had no gas in my car. Roads are slippery. People drive ridiculously. Put on make-up in the car with no heat. But, made it to work by 8.), I will show the one that I have.

The Before.

Day 1 of braces.


The during.


The After.

What do you think? Do I look like an adult now?

9 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

I think they turned out really well. You look great!

Abby McNair said...

you look great! you always looked like an adult to me! can't wait to see them in person!

love ya
ab

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! How does it feel to have the braces off? Joan : )

Shanle's said...

AWESOME! You look like you're 25 now!! =)

Leslie said...

You look beautiful! Is the 'after' picture taken at your house? Your tree is gorgeous too!

The Feather Files said...

Thanks everyone! Yup, this is our little tree. It's crooked, so I'm glad nobody has said anything about that. But it means a lot that people like my tree!

Audrey said...

I like this picture of you! I never thought you needed braces but I can tell a difference! So fun you got them off in time for christmas!! did they have to scrape the cement off you?? that is no fun.

jnet said...

i remember after wearing my braces 3 YEARS! that they looked so big and i loved running my tongue over the smoothness - no more wires!!!!
you look beautiful!

Lindsay said...

ohhhhhhhhh - now isn't that just FUN?! That's a whole xmas present in iteself! Congrats!

Oh....and thanks for stalking my blog! LOL.