Monday, August 30, 2010

My reading list right now

My reading list is exhaustive right now:


Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands, by Paul David Tripp
I really love this book, though it is taking me a long time to wade through it. I feel like I want to absorb everything he is saying because it just makes sense. After 6 months, I am only on chapter 5 of 14! He skillfully guides us to learn where change is needed in our lives and how to minister to others, who also need change in their lives. It's great.

Lee: A Life of Virtue by John Perry
This is the next book I am reviewing for booksneeze.com. I chose a biography and am looking forward to reading this one.

Greater Swiss Mountain Dog by Nikki Moustaki
I told you I fell in love with this dog and now I am beginning my research into the breed. The more I learn, the more excited I become. This book is not only full of great information, but also tons of pictures!

The Bible
This is my life book; seriously, there is nothing more important to read than this book, yet sometimes it is the one I am tempted not to pick up. Satan is at work, tempting me to read other books, telling me God's words are not important. The precious words of my Savior will ALWAYS be on my reading list.

The Whelping and Rearing of Puppies by Muriel P. Lee
I actually haven't begun reading this one; but I have skimmed it through many times. The pictures are very vivid and making me realize I have a lot to learn before I try this puppy thing on my own. I'm determined to do this the right way when I begin to breed, so much research is necessary.

The other two workbooks are Bible studies I am going to. Which require reading and workbook-ing. And, of course my Kindle is always on my list. Some of my favorite books are on there, ready to be read at a moments notice.

Notice I have no fiction on my list right now. Shocker. But, fiction seems to take over my life and so I have taken it out of my life for a while so I can accomplish other reading. Hubs has a few books he wants me to read still, too! I think I will have plenty to do for awhile...

What are you reading? Anything I should add to my list?

3 comments:

millhouse said...

I would recommend two books, Gilead by Marilynne Robinson, because thats the book that I recommend to people and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks which is the book that I am reading and loving currently.

millhouse said...

Also, Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas is supposed to be great.

jnet said...

i am looking into reading feelings and faith by brian s. bergman. haven't read it yet, but heard it is excellent. i'll try and let you know....