Sunday, August 1, 2010

Clickin' through some pictures

Just clickin' through some old pics today, picking some out for a new decorating theme I have in my head. Yes, I said decorating theme as opposed to my hap-hazardly thrown together pieces of decor that is currently in our home. It is challenging when all one's furniture doesn't match and you can't paint your walls to make everything meld together, but I am starting to really try to put items together that actually match. Someday, we will have furniture and walls that can be customized to my tastes.

But, back to clickin' through pictures. As I was looking through them, I was also thinking about my blogging; and how it is so sparce. Those of you that have read for years remember there was never a day that I didn't post. My life was somewhat revolving around my blog and I NEVER was without my camera. In an attempt to get back to that stage, I am going to start by sharing old pictures.

Hubs discovered on our honeymoon that I am not one of those people that can just stay in bed for hours after I wake up. When I am awake, I want to be out of bed. (There are, of course, exceptions to this rule.) Each morning, Hubs and I thought it would be cool to get up early and see a sunrise. Each morning, the alarm would go off and someone would stumble out of bed, put on their glasses and see if 1) the sun was rising and 2) it was cloudy.

On my morning, I got up and did a double-take at what I saw.

"Hubs! There is a tornado on the ocean!"

"Hmmm..." Hubs says sleepily.

I looked again, just to make sure I wasn't still asleep, and this is what I saw:


A water spout, which looks pretty much like a tornado to me.

Later on that week, we did get to see a sunrise.


No comments: