Friday, April 17, 2009

Awards Ceremony- take two.


A few weeks ago, Hubs and I drove to Omaha for an awards ceremony.

Let me back up, though. For each award that Hubs has received, we really have no idea what it is about or for until we get there. We get a letter in the mail that says he is winning an award and where to be at what time. That's about all we know.

So, we headed to the Omaha Hilton for a luncheon and Hubs received a plaque from the American College of Dentists for being an outstanding leader and for his tendency to do great things in the field of dentistry. The luncheon was actually part of the entire weekend of the Nebraska Dental Association's annual meeting. It reminded me of my Phi Theta Kappa days and made me hope we join something like this in Kansas.

I told Hubs that this has been one of the coolest awards so far. Why? Because he actually got a plaque. It's make from wood and it has writing on it and that goes a long way in my book. Wood and writing....now you all know what makes me happy.

And because the last awards ceremony was so eventful, I know you must be wondering how I fared at this one. Besides a throbbing headache, I was fine and remained on 2 feet the entire time.

2 comments:

jnet said...

i'm sure he will do great things in the field of dentistry. tell richard congratulations!

Melissa Amateis said...

What a great award! Congrats to your hubby!