Friday, April 10, 2009

Calm in the storm


I do. And rightly so. We are preparing for a career change, a location change, a home change, a life change - the first one in our three years as Hubs and Feath.

I have resigned myself to the fact that my apartment will never be spotlessly clean until May 31st when it is empty. I know this because my car is loaded with numerous flattened boxes that are just waiting for me to find space in the crowded apartment. Once they make their way up the three flights of stairs, the apartment will never look the same.

It's a weird feeling. Life is still normal because we aren't moving for another 7 weeks, yet life is not normal because we are moving in a short 7 weeks. Decisions hang in the air. Plans are yet to be made. Yet, regular life is still going on. Leaving the life you know and love is so exciting, yet so draining.

That's why, in the midst of all the pressure, all the stress, and all the overwhelmingness, we are going to a place where we don't have to do anything.

We can lay by the beach. We can lay by the pool. We can sit and read. We can go for a walk. We can hike. But, we don't have to do anything. And we won't feel like we need to see or do something, because we've been there before. It is the perfect, relaxing vacation in one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Until then, I'll be thinking of boxes and graduation; tape guns and moving details. I'll be leaving my job to start a new adventure. Leaving our comfort zones, to stretch our wings.

I'm excited - for the move, and the vacation.

4 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

Great post! When I went on vacation to England, I took a day or an afternoon here and there to just do NOTHING. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Heath,

I'm so excited that you get to go to Hawaii again!! I wish we could go with you!! I miss it so much! My advice to you: while you are there, do nothing but relax and enjoy each other. You will be so busy once you return... don't even THINK about it... live it up and then come back and hit it hard...

ENJOY YOURSELVES!!

-Sarah

Leslie said...

Hawaii is amazing! I hope you have a great relaxing trip! I need a vacation too...will you squeeze me into your suitcase please????? :)

Audrey said...

have you found a place yet??