Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Countdowns

11 days until Ruth comes to visit!
A long-awaited, much need girl visit. The whole day it will be Ruth and me hanging out together and most certainly laughing a lot.

23 more days of work!
Have any of you ever left a job that you love? I'm doing that in just over 2 short weeks. It's a job that God brought to me at just the right time and fit me perfectly. And, I think (and have been told) that I am pretty good at it, too. It is hard to leave, especially the friends that I have made there, but I also know that I am ready. I have resolved that it is time to stretch my boundaries and try something new, to get out of my comfort zone and take the next step. Doubts can flood your mind: What if I'm not cut out to be a student anymore? What if I am not any good at my new job? What will I do without anyone to talk to during the day? But, without stretching your wings, you will never grow and I am excited for a new challenge.

24 days and Hubs will be a dentist!
This has been a much-anticipated day. There will be celebrating, for sure. I have watched Hubs do his very best for the past 4 years and I can't wait to celebrate with him.

27 days until we are in Hawaii!
Need I say more?

46 days left as Nebraska residents!
That's right. We are moving down south....okay, well to Kansas. And, although we don't know the address of our new home yet, we do know we are going to the state whose claim to fame is The Wizard of Oz. It is an exciting time for us because we are starting so many new things - a new home, a new career, a new life, and making new friends. And, as much as I have loved these carefree dental school-years, part of me is finally ready for this next step.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather - That is wonderful that Ruth is coming up to see you. It would be great to see her if it would work out! : )
The countdowns . . . Wow, there is JOY, sadness, excitement and a sense of "Where did the time go?" Rick and I are so HAPPY for you two and "Praise God" for you both!
Love- Joan