Monday, April 20, 2009

Spontaneity

Friday night, 7pm.

Hubs says: What do you want to do tonight?
Me: Go to Kansas City.
Hubs: Are you serious?
Me. Well, yes.
Hubs: Okay, let's get packed then.

Ten minutes later, we were on to Kansas City. I needed a visit to see my fam and to hug my the dog. With the busyness of moving, I knew it would be a while until we would be able to go again.

In 20 hours, we drove for 6 hours, played and cuddled with my the dog, hung out with family, slept, looked at Israel pictures, went out to breakfast, and witnessed the murder of many toads.

In a time where so many decisions loom over our heads, this one seemed so simple and easy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the trip went well and you took it! As a mom it does your heart good to know your children want to come home.
Love- Joan
What's up with the toads?

Shanle's said...

I love being spontaneous with my hubs, Heather. We've done many, spur-of-the-moment dates and some have turned out to be the most "memorious." I know that's not a word, but you get the picture... =)

And don't worry. Surprisingly enough, you will get everything taken care of before you move AND God will provide a home for you too. Be patient and wait with a content heart, my friend...

-Sarah in TX