Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The sales are calling

Have you noticed all the sales? Every morning I receive at least 1 email from my favorite stores alerting me of their newest deal. Whether it is buy one, get one or prices extremely marked down, it seems like shopping is calling my name.

I think it has to do with this economy. I don't think a day goes by that I don't hear about more people being laid off, or huge budget cuts that could affect people months down the road. Even days go by at my own job that I start wondering about the job security.

But, the sales call to me. My mind thinks of the great deals I could get and things I could get that I have wanted. But, Hubs's logical words echo in my mind, "Just because it is on sale, doesn't mean we need to buy it." It doesn't help that our vehicles continue to demand our attention money. All reasons to avoid the sales.

And so, I have not ventured to the mall lately; nor have I visited the online stores. The economy needs stimulated so I hear, but money is need to stimulate the economy, and jobs are needed for money. It seems like a giant circle that I will never understand completely.

All I know is that there are great sales out there and I want to get in on them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather - if it makes you feel any better I am NOT shopping at the moment either. I tell myself that those things on sale now are winter items and I am ready for SPRING items! Hang in there . . . .
LOL joan