Thursday, January 29, 2009

Customer Service

I got a package in the mail yesterday from The Limited which is one of the stores where I shop. Knowing I hadn't ordered anything, I was surprised to see the package. Inside was a square, silk-like black/white scarf as well as a letter with a 20% off coupon.

I don't have a Limited credit card. I just shop there once in a while, since they can have some great deals. So, I was quite surprised to get this gift in the mail. The letter said they were sorry about the frustrations I encountered while shopping at thelimited.com.

I had to think back. The only thing they could be referring to is an order I placed on Cyber Monday - a sweater and a cami. By that Friday, I still had not received an email informing me that the order was shipped. So, I called to make sure there wasn't a problem with my order. That's it.

Needless to say, I was very surprised and pleased to receive this little gift. I think the scarf retails at $19.99 and I will definitely enjoy using the 20% off coupon. I already really like this store, but this extra token made me even more of a fan.

We all have plenty of bad customer service experiences - plenty are popping in my head right now. And those keep us away from certain stores, for sure! But, do any of you have good experiences to share?

Oh, I ended up returning the sweater I ordered - didn't fit me right.

1 comment:

jnet said...

heather, you must live right! free tickets, apologies and gifts, free make-up....i think i better hang out with you more - maybe it will rub off :)
can't wait to see the scarf.