Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Oh the weather outside is frightful!

Tomorrow, Hubs and I will brave the expected blizzardly weather and travel north to spend Christmas with family. Not only are we looking forward to family-time, but also our favorite restaurants. Oh, how I have been craving Indian and Chinese food for weeks. Do you realize that we do not even have any decent Chinese restaurants around? It's rough living in a small town...

Family time has been in large amounts lately. For the last 4 weekends we have been with family and for the next 2 weekends we will be with family! How cool and rare is that? I have a feeling the visits will drop off as the new year begins and regular life returns. So we will enjoy every moment!

Three of the past four weekends, we have actually had family stay with us. That is so fun, although we are still working on Ransom's menacing barks as unfamiliar people enter. So, when I got the call yesterday that mom was going to be staying the night with us, I gladly washed the sheets and prepared for another welcome visitor. A fun surprise.

Then, I took her to work. And, put her to work, too! What a crummy daughter I am!

If I don't talk to you before, I hope that you Christmas is very merry. I pray that you will worship God for sending His Son; and I pray that you will love everyone else more than you love you. For these are the ways to truly have a Merry Christmas.

Now for a couple of Christmas Songs...


An oldie but goodie...
Share Joy, Joy by David Phelps

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There aren't any decent Chinese, Indian, Seafood, or Italian restaurants here. Boo. Makes for good choices though cause we eat healthier at home. Mrs Young