Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Don't Hit My Truck!

Don't lie. How many of you thought, after seeing that title, that I hit Hubs's truck?

Well, I didn't, yet.

If you didn't already know, I work part-time for our church; mainly, as my uncle's administrative assistant. This uncle and I go waaay back - to the day of my birth in Birmingham, Alabama. So, I guess you could say we have a special relationship.

Ten years ago this Saturday, I turned 16. And, as most excited 16 year-olds I was just looking for an excuse to drive somewhere. So, as we sat around talking someone mentioned a good movie, and 2 seconds later I was grabbing my coat and keys to rent it.

As I ran out the door, my uncle warned, "Hey, don't hit my truck." I never heard this warning, and maybe if I had, I would not have walked in the door 30 seconds later to say, "I backed into your truck," on my 16th birthday.

So lately, my uncle/boss finds it extremely humorous to remind me "not to hit his truck" each time I leave the building.

So far, I've heard the warning.

No comments: