Sunday, August 30, 2009

Thrill Ride

Hubs and I took a weekend trip again. We went to Kansas City to 1) house sit, 2) have a weekend away, and 3) go to Worlds of Fun with some of our new friends.

I hadn't ridden a roller coaster, or thrill ride for that matter, in over 5 years. It didn't feel like that long ago, but as I walked into the theme park I started to get nervous. I have never really been a dare-devil with it comes to rides; I only went on my 1st upside-down ride 5 years ago. Imagine my shock when Hubs suggested we ride the Patriot first: dangling feet, upside down, and corkscrew turns.


I made up lots of excuses: my head bangs against the shoulder harness (true); I have a headache (true). But, I ended up on the ride. And, I ended up having fun (with my eyes closed).

Actually, it felt really good to conquer that fear. Every ride after that became easier and easier. Hubs even got me in the 2nd to front car on their newest roller coaster. By the time we had to leave, I was ready to keep riding! It was also good to spend some time getting to know some new friends.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ransom took a little thrill ride of his own. As Hubs and I were inside Saturday morning, I noticed something strange outside.

Hubs, I think Ransom is in the neighbor's yard.

No. He can't be. He would have had to jump the fence.

I went to investigate. Sure enough; Ransom was chilling out in the neighbor's yard. Correction: Ransom was trying to climb the neighbor's tree and get the squirrel that was dropping nuts into the yard.

I called Ransom back, thinking oh great, he is not going to know how to get back over and I am going to have to crawl over and lift him. To our astonishment, Ransom leaped over the fence without a hint of hesitation or difficulty and came over to me excited as can be over his new trick.

Not only was he excited, but he wanted to do it over and over again. And those squirrels kept taunting him the entire trip.

Note to self: We have a new requirement for a future home - at least a 6-foot fence.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time in KC! Do you think 6 ft. will be high enough? He was just trying to control the squirrel population or perhaps make a new friend. : )

Anonymous said...

Ooops . . sorry I forgot to sign my name on comment. Joan

The Feather Files said...

I forgot to mention that my parents have a lower fence - not the standard height, I don't think. I am guessing it is about 4 feet high. He might be able to CLIMB a 6 foot fence, but he wouldn't be able to jump over it.

The Feather Files said...

I forgot to mention that my parents have a lower fence - not the standard height, I don't think. I am guessing it is about 4 feet high. He might be able to CLIMB a 6 foot fence, but he wouldn't be able to jump over it.

Audrey said...

aw worlds of fun!!! they have added a lot of new rides since i've been there in like 2003. glad you had a fun filled weekend!

Richard said...

Enjoy your ride...in TOTAL DARKNESS!!!