Saturday, August 22, 2009

My little piece of Hawaii



One of the best parts of Hawai'i was the vegetation. Such beautiful flowering trees and plants. I just wanted to take them home.

Last weekend, I saw this plant that reminded me of Hawai'i and I just had to buy it.


This color just mesmerized me. The petals looks so soft and pure. And the color of our house is so boring, that it just brings some much needed brightness.


This morning these flowers opened up and I think they were the prettiest ones yet. I don't know how or why, but looking at them makes me so happy.


Now, if I could just get a plumeria tree to grow in our yard...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather: These plants are beautiful! All of mine were open this week and one had 9 blooms on it! You are right, they do make you smile. Joan

Shanle's said...

Heather,

We have so many tropical plants here that would remind you of Hawaii. And palm trees. I think they're beautiful. I only wish I could hear the sound of the waves outside my window...

SS