Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bring it.

It is just like us to have 2 months of calmness and then cram everything we can think of into 1 week. The theme of last week: Bring It!

It had been 2 months since Hubs or I actually and truly worked out. We were feeling pretty blobby, so last Monday we started our new, intense workout regime. It's very structured - 6 days a week. It's planned - we do they workout that is planned for us. It's intense - the hardest workout I've done in a long time ever. We are sore. We are tired. We are worked. But, we do feel better working out again.

Don't laugh. I took "before" pictures. No, I won't be posting them. End of discussion. But, I did want to see if there will be any noticeable changes in a few months.

Along with the workout, came a new diet. We are eating healthier, fresher foods which means there is lots of prep-work. Chicken to cook the night before, veggies to chop and store in the fridge, and thinking when it comes to deciding what to eat. But, we feel better, we enjoy the food, and it compliments the workout.

It had been 3 months since I had any sort of schedule, routine, and job. Monday was my first day working again. And even though it was for a few short hours a day, it was a change from being a bump on a log. It was good to talk to people and interact again.

Weeks ago, I committed to baking cookies for a conference at church. The conference was this week - the week we started our 1 hr workouts, the week we started eating food that needs considerably more work than popping it in the micro, and the week that I started leaving the house for 6 hours a day. SEVEN HUNDRED cookies later - bagged and tied with raffia - the conference is over and everyone got their cookies.

Once the cookies were bagged, Hubs and I set off cleaning the house for our guests! We love having people stay in our guest room and Hubs's parents made their first stay this weekend. I am happy to say we got the house cleaned and odor-free by they time they arrived.

Add in there hanging out with friends, coffee with family, a trip to the dog park everyday, dog play-date at our house, and getting caught in the hail and it was an eventful, busy, exhausting week.

So, I have no clue what this week will bring our way, but all I have to say is, "BRING IT!"

1 comment:

jnet said...

i'd love you to send me your "healthy recipes". i need some of those for mike and myself. you can be my offical trainer in healthy recipes if you would be willing. :)