1/2 cup onions, diced (green onions work too)
2 tablespoons fat-free chicken broth, low sodium
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
1/2 cup sourdough bread crumbs (it took me 15 minutes to find the regular bread crumbs so I just used those)
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons marinara sauce (I used Newman's Own)
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
2 tablespoons italian parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Saute onions in the chicken broth until lightly browned.
3. Add the garlic and cook 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the onion mixture with the ground turkey, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup marinara sauce, basil, and parsley.
5. Form mixture into a loaf. Shape and place in an ungreased loaf pan.
6. Brush with the remaining marinara sauce and bake until cooked through, 30-45 minutes.
7. Drain off fat and let cool 20 minutes before cutting into 8 slices.
Nutrition info (per slice):
297 Calories, 3g Total fat (8% calories from fat), 45g Protein, 20g Carbohydrate, 106mg Cholesterol, 410mg Sodium