Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another success x2

The last two evenings have consisted of successful, yummy, and healthy meals. The first was a brisket roast. Combine 10 hours in the crock pot with 2 packages of Lipton Onion soup mix and you can't go wrong.

But last night's dinner was so good, I dreamt about it. Not really, but it was very yummy.

I got the recipe off of Tasty Kitchen. If you haven't browsed those recipes, I would suggest you do. They have some great ones.

Last night we had a basil pesto sauce over multi grain farfalle with some grilled chicken mixed in. And an extra plus was that I got to use my fresh basil that has grown like crazy. The recipe below is perfect for 2 people, but that is because I halved the real recipe.

Ingredients:
8 oz pasta (I used multi grain farfalle, but anything would work)
2 chicken breasts (or whatever kind of meat you prefer)
2 cups fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 clove garlic (I totally forgot to put this in and it was STILL good)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
salt and pepper to taste
reserved pasta water

Start cooking the pasta and then drain, reserving some of the water. Also, start cooking the meat of your choice. I grilled the chicken.

Put the basil, Parmesan, sunflower seeds, garlic, evoo, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Process until its all chopped up. If it looks gross; that is how it is supposed to look.

Mix the noodles and the pesto together in a bowl. Add some of the reserved water to the desired consistency.

I cut the chicken up and put it on top of each of our servings, but you can do whatever you want with it. Not gonna lie, typing this makes me want to make more of it!

1 comment:

jnet said...

this sounds good....if richard ate it, maybe mike will too :)