Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Parks I Love - Part 1

One of the best things about the city in which I live: the parks. And, they aren't just the parks with a playground, picnic table and grass. There are some beautiful, large parks with lakes and ponds and trails and more!

Holmes Lake
This past week, I have gone to Holmes Lake 4 times! I never even realized how much I liked this park until this week. It has a small lake (hence the name) with a trail that wraps around it. There are ducks to feed, sand volleyball courts, softball fields, playgrounds, and plenty of picnic tables. PLUS, there are areas that you can just lay out a blanket and chill.

Probably the number one reason I love this park is because I fell in love with a tree (actually 2 trees) this week. The leaves began changing a few weeks ago, which is one of my favorite things in the world and this is the most gorgeous set of trees in all of the city. Since my discovery I have been visiting the trees and on one of my trips I took my camera along. I should have captured more some pictures of the park as a whole, but I really love this tree.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!

Recipe sounds good. Will have to try it.

I will be glad when this election is over and we can prayerfully move forward with whoever is elected. It is very reassuring to know that God is in control and whichever candidate is president HE will still be in control.

Love- Joan : )