Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Good Read

I can't believe I haven't posted any of my favorite books on my blog! Each week I plan to post about a "good read."

----------------------------------------



One of my all-time favorite books is The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan. Written in the 17th century, it is amazing how it relates to today. As I am reading it - each time I read it - I mark up the pages and realize I have been in some of the very same places that Christian walks through. It is a great allegory to the Christian walk, and I know you would enjoy this read. John Bunyan was in prison for preaching the Word of God when he wrote this great book. My mom read it to me as a child, I read it on my own a few years back, and now Richard and I are reading through it. I suggest reading only a chapter or two a night. They are short chapters, but even in the new English version, it can be a lot to take in.

1 comment:

Abby McNair said...

gonna get it - have heard about it before - thanks for posting! I love your blog!