Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Stye on my Eye

I woke up on Tuesday with a sore eyelid.

By Tuesday evening, it was swollen a little.

By Wednesday morning it was more sore and more swollen. After a trip to the eye doctor yesterday, I found out I have a stye. Which, for those of you who are interested in the medical world, is an infection in an oil gland around my eye by Staphylococcus aureus. Staph is on our skin naturally, but there are times that it can cause an infection. Maybe I didn't wash my hands when I touched my eyelid or something. However, it's nothing a little antibiotic can't fix and I should be back to normal in three days. Warm washcloths feel good on it, too. And it already feels better today!



This is a freaky picture! Can you even tell which eye is infected?

No comments: