Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The big day.

Help: Since I have been blogging on my new mac, I cannot figure out why the pictures won't get bigger when you click on them. Any suggestions?

In my mind I had thought of this day often. I had it planned in my head as a simple day spent with those who had been close to us throughout the past four years. As I thought about it, I always shook my head, laughing because it was so far away and I had plenty of time to plan.

As May 8th, 2009 drew closer, time was flying by. As much as I wanted the minutes to slow down, it was here before I knew it. 

I thought about doing a play-by-play of the day, BORING. So, instead, you are getting pictures from the day.


Hubs had a lot of awards read after his name. He worked very hard for this day, and he made it to the end!


Hubs and I shared very few moments that day. This was one of them.


Hubs and his parents after the ceremony.

After the ceremony, we had a wonderful time with family and friends. So many people came out to congratulate us and, some to say good-bye.


Me, with my mom and dad. I was exhausted by 7:30am, so by the time this picture was taken at 3:30pm, I was struggling. No worries, Dad got coffee pumping through my veins 30 minutes later. We had a party to host!


We had issues finding a cake. This one came all the way from Kansas City and it was yummy! 




I bought this toothbrush for Hubs 2 years ago and he didn't see it until that day. Now it is in his office at work, just in case little kids misbehave.


Remember these? Each chocolate sucker had our new address attached. Each person got to take one home with them.


These little creations were my favorite part of the day. They are white chocolate mint dentures!


It was a great day to have fun and celebrate with family and friends. 

1 comment:

Steph said...

Fun times! More congrats to Dr. Clabaugh!!!!