Friday, July 3, 2009

July 4th

(I finally figured out how to insert the pictures so that they will enlarge when you click them! This picture was taken at the Arizona Memorial last year.)

As I said last year, tomorrow is one of my favorite holidays. I am sitting here trying to figure out what is my favorite part of the day, though.

Fireworks. I love watching the big show with the music in the background. I like to "ooh" and "ahh" over them, and get close enough for feel the boom when they explode. I also love buying some of our own fireworks and setting them off. From sprinklers to fountains to artillery shells. This is one of my favorite parts of July 4th.

Although, I really love cookouts with a whole bunch of friends! It can't be the 4th without a yummy watermelon, some iced sun tea, and some brats. Throw in some potato salad and baked beans and I am satisfied. My mouth is watering already. Fruit pizza also seems to be a staple for me - red, white, and blue to be patriotic of course.

We have a fun weekend planned. My parents are visiting tonight and then tomorrow we are getting together with friends for food, fun, and fireworks! And the best part about this weekend is that the temperatures are forecasted to be in the upper 80s to lower 90s, so we can actually enjoy being outside.

What is your favorite thing to do on 4th of July?

No comments: