Today I found the cd of our wedding ceremony. Of course, I popped it into the car cd player and listened. It is funny some of the details you forget and some of the fun things you remember. For instance:
- How much I love the song that was playing while I walked down the aisle. Claire de Lune with Jesus Loves Me. So simple and beautiful.
- How much my face hurt from smiling so hard.
- How significant and special it was to have both my grandfather and my uncle do the ceremony. The words they shared and the love they displayed. Not everybody gets that.
- How over-used the word "privilege" was during the ceremony. Seriously, like 20 times...at least.
- How proud I was of my dad, who not only gave away his only daughter; who not only sang the song he sang for my mom at their wedding; but sang 2 special songs during the ceremony.
- How during my grandpa's prayer very loud drum music started playing.
- How, while my maid-of-honor was fixing my train, Hubs's best man straightened the back of his tux jacket.
- How very, very uncomfortable I was during the entire ceremony because of my shoes.
- How, though our wedding was not without flaws and mistakes, it was completely unique to us.
- How starving I was. So starving that I actually ate wedding cake!!
- How quick that one day passed by and gave way to a brand new life. A life I cannot imagine not living anymore.
It was a fun trip down memory lane. But even more, listening to the charge given to us and the vows we pledged was a great refresher to me.
When was the last time you listened to or watched your wedding ceremony?