Saturday, October 2, 2010

Our next destination

October is turning out to be an out-of-control month. It is only day 2, I know, but I have never seen my planner so full. It's fun that way.

One of the more exciting prospects of October is that we will be taking a trip to...


Seattle, Washington!

I am so excited. Washington is one of those states that I have never visited, and never quite knew how I was going to get there to visit. It just so happens that Hubs is headed there for a dental excursion, and I am going to tag along.

So, like usual, I am going to ask what you think we MUST see, do or experience while we are there. This isn't a "just-for-fun" trip and we won't have a lot of time, but I'd like to hear from you if you have been there. What did you like? What did you not like about Seattle?

As I am sitting here discussing Seattle, it dawned on me that I should probably arrange a place for the Pups to stay while we are gone, book our flights, and reserve a hotel room. I better get on that!

2 comments:

Dr. and Mrs. Thomas said...

maybe you just need some travel buddies. hmmmm....wouldn't that be nice.

I could send Sydney along with you....


HAHAAAA

Nikki Moore said...

We just visited Seattle this summer! We loved it so much! We stayed in a place called the Moore Hotel (awesome name isn't it?) right by the water. We got a really awesome room for a really great price (like $80 a night or something?). We never figured out why it was so inexpensive compared to other hotels. I think they also have hostel type rooms too, but ours was a private room with bathroom and high ceilings and tall windows that overlooked the water! So you should def. check that out. Awesome location.

Anyways, the highlight of our trip was probably a fancy dinner in the Space Needle. it is pricey, but the food was excellent. You have to have reservations. You sit up there and the whole thing turns slowly, giving a view of the city and the sound. We had a clear day and it was truly spectacular! If it helps, the price of dinner includes access to the (I think it's called?) Sky Deck, which would otherwise cost a lot to get up there. So that kind of lessened the blow. But we really enjoyed it. We pretty much ate amazing food the whole time. Including some unspeakably good caramel cheesecake from Pike Place Market.