Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Attached

The pups has always had some separation issues. We found that out during the first month of him joining the family. We learned how to manage his separation issues, though, and life has been good. I've never understood how a dog could love a crate, but ours truly does. To him it means that we are coming home - so relax.

But, in any other circumstance, Ransom still feels the need to find us if we are not nearby. At the dog park, Ransom wants to play but only if he knows that we are sitting on a bench nearby watching. If he loses sight of us, he immediately starts searching.


Ransom wants to be wherever we are. Here, he is directly under my feet as I am rolling out cinnamon rolls. He couldn't be more in the way.



So, I guess it shouldn't surprise me that 30 minutes after dropping Ransom off at the pet-sitters/kennel I got a phone call about his "behavior." He is now not only jumping short fences, he is climbing over 6-foot fences to get out. We book this very nice indoor/outdoor run with plenty of room to move about and stretch, but he won't stay in its confines.

I should have known it would not be a good stay when we walked in the door and he turned right back around and ran out. I'm still not quite sure how it is possible, but he has been moved to a crate for safety.

The thing is, he isn't the only one who is attached. I am too. I've never been super anxious to get home from a vacation, but now that I know I will get to see him...I'm thrilled.

No comments: