Monday, November 29, 2010

Providence

"God's providence is His constant care for and His absolute rule over all His creation for His own glory and the good of His people."
Jerry Bridges

Months ago, our friends moved to Dallas. Their house has been for sale ever since. It was supposed to sell on November 15.

On November 16, a court summons was being stamped. It was made out to John Doe (tenant) and Mary Doe (tenant). 

Last Tuesday, I went to the Y after work. I got home around 4:15 and noticed there was a rolled paper in our door. I took Ransom outside, got the mail, and then went to grab what I thought was junk in our door. The rolled up paper was actually a court summons. And the details of the summons made it clear that our house (which we rent) is in the process of being foreclosed. I chuckled, not because I found this funny, but because it was unbelievable.

I remembered an email that I received from our friends. The selling of their house did not go through and they were going to rent it out. Calmly, I texted to see if it had been rented yet. It hadn't. And although we were not being evicted and although it may take months for this all to go through, we thought it better to move into an open home now than when we only had 30 days notice. 

The past 6 days has been filled with twists and turns and lots of new developments and details and hoops. And today we are still not sure how everything will work out, but we do know this: God is working all to His glory and to the good of His people, even something as small as a home to rent. He knew we would have this need, and He was preparing a house to meet our needs. 

We are praising God. He loves us so much!

No comments: