Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

There was no ham. No painted eggs (although I LOVE doing that). No big family gathering. There was no chocolate bunnies. None of that annoying plastic "grass."

There was sunshine and warmth. There were songs about Christ's resurrection. There was friends and family. There was a lot of food. There was one of the best sermons I have ever heard.

Hubs and I spent the day with friends, my brother, a basset hound pup and Ransom. We sat in the sun. We talked. We played wii. And really, we just relaxed.

Never before on Easter have I pondered Christ's death and resurrection as I have this year. Since Wednesday evening, we have been going to a Bible Conference with Dr. Doug Bookman who is really an expert on the details of Jesus' life. He has particularly been going through the Passion week and my eyes have been opened to so much and my heart has been stirred. Never before has Christ's life been explained to me in this way. This morning he culminated the last week of study into Christ's death and resurrection and I could hardly stay in my seat and contain myself over what I was hearing. So much fit together in my mind that I just wanted to praise God for our Savior.

Happy Easter! Death is defeated. Jesus is risen. He is risen indeed.

Amen and amen.

No comments: