Friday, March 13, 2009

Adventures in Babysitting

In the past 5 years, I have been left completely alone with a baby twice. I did not tell my friend that fact before watching her precious 1 year old last night.

It's not that I don't like babies. I do. The opportunity to be left along with them just hasn't come up for a while. So, when Steph asked me to watch Turner, I agreed and looked forward to it. I knew we would have fun.

We started off eating some dinner together. Every so often, Turner would realize his mom and dad were missing and the cutest sadest face would develop. I would divert his attention back to food and things were going well.

It was when we sat down and played for a while that, I knew a dirty diaper needed to be changed. I definitely have not done that even once in the past 5 years and found myself asking Turner if I did it okay and if it felt alright. He smiled, so I assumed I didn't mess it up too bad.

One thing I didn't think about was how strong Steph must be. My wimpy arms turned to jello very quickly. I thought I was getting a great arm workout, but am finding that my buns are more sore than my arms today. Hmm, not sure what that's all about.

Turner and I looked at books for a long while, which was great. We also looked out the window and watched the cars pass by. But, he definitely knew his parents were gone and was anxiously awaiting their arrival home.

I saw the car pull in the driveway. Turner saw his mom walk through the door and was more excited than he had been all night long. He never stopped smiling.

It was fun to babysit again and spend the whole night playing. It helped that I had such a fun boy to hang out with. I had fun and enjoyed it!


Anonymous said...

Looks like you two got along great! Sounds like Turner was fun little one to take care of.
lol Joan

The Feather Files said...

lol = lots of love. I just want to clarify that she is not laughing at me. She wouldn't do that unless I was laughing at me too.

Steph said...

Love it! Thanks again for watching my boy, glad it was fun! Thankfully the Tub T-dub is walking more this week so I don't have to carry him so much!