Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pandora

I don't know about you, but the day goes a lot faster when I am listening to music and I notice that the type of music I am listening to can affect my overall demeanor and mood for the day. I am sure some sort of study has been done on that, and if not, there should be.

So Martha told me about http://www.pandora.com/ and after trying it out this morning, I have become a fan. At work, I usually listen to my itunes, but I get bored of the same thing everyday. If you are looking for something new, try this out and let me know what you think. Go to pandora radio and type in the name of an artist or song that is the type of music you want to listen. Then, they will play music from that artist and also generate other songs that are similar to that genre. And get this - if you don't like the song that is being played, you can pick "I don't like it" and they won't play it ever again. Pretty cool, huh? You could even type in "David Phelps" and hear his music if you never have.

Random information: Pandora's box is from Greek Mythology. It is the box carried by Pandora that contained all the evils of mankind -greed, vanity, slander, lies, envy, pining, and hope. It is interesting that they thought of hope as evil, when it is what we rely on each day. Pandora opened her box and let out all those evils, but closed it before hope could escape. What does this have to do with Pandora Radio? Nothing - I have no parallels or great analogies. It just reminded me of Greek Mythology and that story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing. I thoroughly enjoy looking at the pics from your trip,

L - Joan