Thursday, May 19, 2011

Finishing up


     just a few of my dear friends

Here's how it goes.

You first get excited about something new. Then you realize how much you will miss everyone here. Then you revel in the time you have left, enjoying each day. Then you stress. You have so much to do and time is running out. After that, you recognize that everything won't get done. And then, you are ready to go. You are sad still. But you are ready to get on wit' it. Then, you start doing the "lasts." Last week. Last day. Last time. People start making plans without you. Because you'll be gone. Then the stress will hit again. This time it is a "get-it-done" mentality because the time is near. The good-byes will come then. Not a moment before. Then you leave. And what you've spent the past 6 months preparing for, will finally be here.

This week is a finishing-up week. Tomorrow will be my last day with my great coworkers. Then I'll have a week of calm before the storm of moving. And I'm still loving every moment.

It's pretty much the same every time. Hubs and I have moved 2 times in the last 5 years and I predict we will move at least 1 more time. This is my 13th move, though. Most of those moves, I remember. And moving teaches you lots of things:

1. To make friends. Quickly.
2. To throw stuff away. You'll still have too much.
3. To love the church body. They are your family.
4. To rely on God. He's there.
5. To love Hubs more. He's there too.


Personal opion. Everyone should move at least once. Not across town. Away. It's awesome. I have friends all over. I have memories. And I've grown in each place. It's as if God has been moving me so that I don't become complacent in my walk with Him.

Here we go...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really hit the nail on the head -my moving thoughts exactly! We are getting ready to move again...for the 4th time in 5 years! This time it will be something new though as it is short distance. :) I have learned to appreciate people's friendliness when a stranger. Mrs Y

Dr. and Mrs. Thomas said...

WOOO! can't believe it's here already! When is your actual move date?? hope you're planning our next vacation together....might have to be next spring/summer. it's been long enough.....

Monique Bergmeier said...

The sadness and excitement are all wrapped up together! And yes, having friends all over the country is great! Praying for you over the next weeks and months as you move and begin your new life in St. Louis!