Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Getting Antsy

Any of you who have been following this blog for long are well aware of the fact that I get antsy. I get antsy when we do not have a vacation trip planned.

Right now, nothing is planned.

I mean, we've talked about taking a vacation this summer, but there is nothing absolute yet. We could go to Yellowstone in the late summer. I have never been there, or anywhere near there. It would be a great experience. Or, I really would love to hike Long's Peak near Estes Park. Every time we have been there I have said that. Maybe this is the year to make it happen.

For the last 2 years we have spent a week in Hawai'i. That isn't really an option this year, but I wouldn't mind spending some time on a different beach. Or, I love DisneyWorld and it just so happens that Hubs could attend a dental convention in Orlando later this year...and some good friends might be there too, at the same time.

I've even thought that a trip to New York this fall might be what we need. Plan to visit Niagara Falls and drive down to the town where I grew up and stay at my grandparents old house, now turned into a Bed & Breakfast. Then, we could even take a jaunt to West Virginia and visit the newlyweds. Or, maybe we should see a new mountain range - the smokies.

Whatever the vacation may be, I am ready to start planning. I am ready for the anticipation. I am ready to go.

If you could go on any vacation, where would you go?

2 comments:

Shanle's said...

Oh Heather Bell,

To be honest, I'd just want to go somewhere warm, sandy, and tropical... I miss Mexico... I miss Hawaii... I WANT a vacation, too!! Take as many as you can before kiddos start coming!! ;)

SS

Anonymous said...

We eventually want to go to the Philippines, but for now we are content to travel the areas nearer to us. Mrs Y.