Saturday, January 22, 2011

Catching you up

In x weeks we will be in Israel. I have been busy thinking about the gear I want to get and the trip. You know the anticipation of a vacation is half the fun. This is the biggest vacation we have ever taken and it is very appropriate considering we will be hunkering down for 30 months living on my income and paying for school. I can't wait for the time with Hubs exploring a new country and I this vacation should tide me over for 30 months - til we take our finished-with-school-forever-celebration-trip.

So, we've been looking at homes. Yes, we've decided to buy. The homes we really want are a little out of our price range, so we are being a bit more realistic this week. There is a lot to think about. I think we have a few good prospects and I am really having to fight controlling this issue and letting God work it out in His timing.

And of course the biggest search will be a job. The resume is almost updated and ready. It's early, but I'm prepared.

On Sunday, Hubs and I ate with some friends. At one point, while they were getting some pizza from the buffet, Hubs said, "We have to find friends like this in St. Louis." It's true. We have awesome friends and they are going to be missed. This being my 13th move, I know it is all about enduring the awkward conversations and being open and real. We are already praying for friends there.

I just got home from a 3-mile run with Ransom. As I've done before, I thought I would take you through my thought process...

My face is cold, but the rest of me feels great. Hubs is gonna have a good day for 13 miles.

Oh wow. Ransom's pooping already. 

I feel pretty good. I am definitely going 3 miles.

The half marathon wouldn't be so bad. I think I should do it.

Mmmm. Somebody is drying their clothes and that fabric softener smells really good.

Weird. I can still smell the fabric softener.

It is a really nice day. I'm glad I got out and ran.

Ransom! Get over here.

Pee break (we had about 5 of these)

Okay. This is getting kind of boring. But, at least I still feel pretty good.

Turning around. The hard part is over now.

Ransom! Come. over. here.

Okay, so I can obviously run 3 miles but I am NOT running that half marathon.

Severence has never looked so long.

I can't imagine running this 4+ more times during the half.

Ugh. This is not fun.

[Back home] Wow. I feel so great after getting out and running today!

2 comments:

Mrs. Jones Teaches said...

What an amazing experience it will be to go to Israel! That's something I hope to do someday too. Must be a feeling of awe and wonder to be in the very setting where the biblical stories took place and where the first missionaries labored. Have fun!

Richard said...

So, was the smell actually a dryer sheet in your scarf?