Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Quotable Rogue: The Ideals of Sarah Palin in Her Own Words edited by Matt Lewis


This is a compilation of quotes from Sarah Palin. That's it. No commentary, just words directly from her mouth. The book is organized well; quotes are separated based on topics from family to politics; from SNL to Obama, and everything in between. It is pretty much what you would expect a book of quotes to be like. There are enough quotes in each category for you to understand her stance on each topic.

This book was good for a person like me, who hasn't kept up with politics in 5-6 years. As a woman who refuses to be defined by the media or politicians, this provided a good base ground to understand her stances on many subjects. However, from this book, I was still unable to form an opinion as to whether I would support her as a potential presidential candidate; I think that still has to be left to further research on anyone's part. Also, if you watch enough of the news or read enough articles to have heard these statements already, I'm not sure this book would be interesting or worth reading.

I received this book as part of Thomas Nelson's BookSneeze program that provides books to bloggers for free. The opinions are my own.

No comments: