Sunday, July 22, 2012

SIX.

Hubs and I are celebrating SIX years of being hubs and wife!


Hubs and I have had a busy weekend and have a busy week ahead so it just wasn't practical to go anywhere special. We went to an early breakfast at Ihop before church and discussed how much differently we would have done our wedding. Both of us would have changed so much, but both of us are overjoyed that we won't have to do that again. We also talked about how much has changed in six years. One of my brothers had just graduated from high school - now he is married and going to be a father in just a few short weeks! The other brother was about to start high school - so young. But, we were so young, too. It's fun to see how much we have changed in the years together.

After breakfast we went to church to listen to one of my new favorite preachers, Carey Hardy. Really great stuff. The rest of the day has been spent running errands, doing chores working, and catching a little of the British Open.

We are ending our anniversary with the kickoff to the young marrieds small group at our church. It's fun to think that SIX years ago, we were joining a small group as the newly married couple and now we are getting involved in a group where we have been married the longest.

I wasn't sure how I would feel about an anniversary without the fun that we normally have. However, it has been a wonderful day together, savoring the blessing of our marriage. I'm not saying it is the easiest or the most perfect marriage. I know we haven't figured it all out yet and I'm sure there will be challenges to come. It takes a lot of forgiveness and the desire in each of us to become more like Christ. Despite the hard times, I can't imagine life without my partner, my best friend, my godly leader, and the one I love.

Happy SIX to us.


1 comment:

Mama on the Run said...

Happy anniversary, you two love birds! What a wonderful couple who loves the Lord first and each other second. Miss you guys! (but see you soon, Heather!) :)