Monday, March 14, 2011

A new adventure

I could ramble on to you about what's been going on. From computer viruses to broken copiers; from ordered clothes that were defective to Hubs' sore knee. Yep, I could tell you all the crazy frustrations of life right now, but there are so many exciting things that I prefer to dwell on.

As long as all continues to go according to plan, Hubs and I will be homeowners in less than 8 weeks. Here is our [future] humble abode:


Isn't it cute? We are getting more and more excited about having a home to make ours. Living in rented space has been nice and convenient, but it has never been ours. This little 936 square foot home will be perfect for our little family of 3, which we aren't planning to expand [with a human] anytime soon.

So, I have become addicted to home furnishings magazines and home designing blogs and websites. One of my favorites is The Lettered Cottage. This house is actually very well maintained (one of our prerequisites due to Hubs rigorous schedule), but a coat of paint and decor changes will be in order in a few rooms. This is so new to me that I just keep pursuing pictures and ideas of things I like, making mental notes along the way.

My favorite parts of the home include: the basement

the hardwood floors, which will keep us diligent about keeping Ransom's nails clipped

a master bedroom large enough for our bed and our furniture,

and, the landscaped yard with an area for a vegetable garden

For those of you who are wondering how Ransom would ever be contained in this sort of a yard, an invisible fence will be a must.

After almost 5 years, we have a cute little house. I'm so excited!

7 comments:

Steph said...

Congrats!! Looks perfect :)

Melissa Amateis said...

Love it! It looks perfect for you! We're moving into a house (after living in an apartment for awhile) and even though it's a rental, we've painted every room and I'm currently picking out curtains. Fun, fun!

Susan said...

Looks awesome, Heather!

Anonymous said...

Nice, Heather! I am glad you get to be in a home for your next adventure. :) Keep posting. I love reading.
Mrs Young

Shanle's said...

Looks great, Heath! I'm excited for y'all as you make this new journey!! I love decorating!!!! If you need help, let me know!! Start watching HGTV to get ideas! :)

-SS

Audrey said...

I love your house!!! so fun!!!! it is a GREAT house!! pretty inside and an awesome yard!! enjoy nesting. btw our house has about the same sq footage and not near as awesome a basement!! so plenty of room for you fam of humans/animal of 3! when are you officially gone?

Lettered Cottage said...

Yay!
I will look forward to seeing all the fun you have with it!
:-D